Living Accommodations

Students with disabilities have many options for accessible living accommodations within University Housing and the Champaign-Urbana community. If you are planning to live in university housing and required disability-related accommodation, you will need to register with the Division of Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) in addition to submitting your housing application. DRES is responsible for providing academic modifications and adjustments to students with disabilities and this includes housing. For further information on housing accommodations, you can visit the Housing website at

NOTE: DRES will not share housing accommodation letters with the Housing Information Office (University Housing) directly. It is the student’s responsibility to provide a copy of the housing accommodation letters to the Housing Information Office. The housing accommodation letter plays an important role in the assignments process. 

If you are a student who needs personal assistants for activities of daily living and are wanting to learn how to manage personal assistants on your own and learn skills to be more independent and live indepently, then Beckwith Residential Support Services (BRSS) at Nugent Hall is a great option for receiving the support and educational opportunities needed to help you manage your disability on a daily basis.