How Do I Sign Up for an Assessment?

NOTICE: DRES has reach capacity for assessments. We are still accepting referrals however, students on the waitlist may not be seen until next semester. 


If you have longstanding concerns about the presence of ADHD, you are encouraged to speak to a provider about your symptoms and discuss whether an evaluation for ADHD is appropriate. A referring provider may be a medical doctor or a mental health clinician. If you do not have a provider in the community,  the Counseling Center and McKinley Health Center both have providers that can speak with you about the process of psychological evaluation for these conditions. Please have your provider reach out to DRES by completing the referral form that you can access here. (Please do not use this form to register with DRES. Information about DRES reigstration can be found here.)Your provider’s referral should summarize:

  • Your longstanding symptoms
  • Evidence that competing diagnoses that have been ruled out
  • Evidence that other potential factors (e.g. life events) have also been ruled out
  • A rationale for recommending an evaluation

The referral form can be sent to Dr. Sue Han (, mailed to DRES, or faxed to 217-244-0014. Once DRES receives the referral from your provider, your referral form will be reviewed. If we determine that you are an approprate candidate for the DRES assessment, you will be put on our waitlist.  


If you would like to be assessed for a specific learning disability or autism spectrum disorder, please email Dr. Sue Han ( with specific details about your concern and history. Students will complete a 2-3-hour clinical interview with a clinician. Information about your history and current concerns will be reviewed and next steps will be discussed with you.