- My Quick Links
- You have no saved Quick Links
The following selected resources have been developed or are used by the Accessible IT Group (AITG) to help developers and authors on campus improve the accessibility of the online resources they are creating.
- OAA Rules and Rulesets for WCAG 2.0 Compliance
- WAI-ARIA 1.0 Authoring Practices
- OAA Accessible Widget Examples
- IBM Web Accessibility Checklist
- WCAG 2.0 Techniques for PDF
- PDF/UA, Universal Accessibility StandardPDF/UA, Universal AccessibilityPDF/UA, Universal Accessibility
- Creating accessible Microsoft Word documents
- Google Accessibility: All products including Docs
DRES alt media services provides alternative versions of books as a part of disability accommodations to student at Illinois, .
Services Providing Accessible E-books
- eText at Illinois
- Accesstext Network
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS)
Creating Accessible eBooks
Media Captioning Services
The following links are informative and should not be considered an endorsement of any company. If you are creating online or other forms of electronic (e.g. DVD, BlueRay) video or audio content these services can be used to create captions and/or audio descriptions to meet Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act requirements for captioning and audio description of videos. DRES provides in house captioning services for academic accommodations to students.