- My Quick Links
- You have no saved Quick Links
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES)
Dr. Thomas-Stagg is a graduate of the School Psychology program at Illinois State University. He did his pre-doctoral internship at DRES in 2007-2008. He completed his post-doctoral internship while working at the Ogle County Educational Cooperative (OCEC) as a school psychologist. He moved to Champaign in August, 2011 to work as a psychologist at DRES. He runs the Academic Lab. He especially loves coaching and working with graduate students.
Academic Lab is a supported study hall offered by DRES to provide students a quiet, helpful place to study. It is open from 3:00pm to 5:00pm, Mondays through Thursdays. A variety of snacks are available to students at no charge. There are plenty of wall outlets to charge your computer, as most students bring computers to work during Lab. There are also two Engineering Work Stations for students to use if they are eligible (i.e., an engineering student, or any student taking a class cross-listed with Engineering). Some additional information about Academic Lab:
- It is staffed by Dr. Jonathan Thomas-Stagg who, on most days, can provide drop-in academic coaching to help address problems with time-management, study skills, and organization. Some people choose to come in to meet with Dr. Thomas-Stagg regularly for encouragement, support, and a sense of accountability for finishing their coursework.
- There are some days when Dr. Thomas-Stagg is NOT AVAILABLE in Academic Lab. Those days include: Wednesdays from 3:00pm to 5:00pm and Thursdays after 3:45pm. Again, Dr. Thomas-Stagg is NOT AVAILABLE during those times, but is generally available during all other lab times. When Dr. Thomas-Stagg is not present, there will be an undergraduate staff member available. Any other cancellations when Dr. Thomas-Stagg is not available in Lab will be listed below.
- Academic Lab is a public space for DRES students only. Students must be registered with DRES to come to Academic Lab. Because it is a public study space, we all must respect the learning needs of others.
- Academic Lab is not a suitable place to touch base when a student is in the midst of a crisis. Students experiencing a mental health crisis are typically referred for a walk-in assessment at the Counseling Center. Additionally, if there is an urgent matter that you need to discuss privately with Dr. Thomas-Stagg, it is best to schedule a meeting with him during his office hours, as opposed to coming to Academic Lab.
CANCELLATIONS: Academic Lab will be closed over spring break.
Dr. Thomas-Stagg's office hours are by appointment only for the remainder of the semester. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Thomas-Stagg, please email him at email@example.com.